Recently someone who I hope will turn into a benefactor and long term client expressed interest in owning the panel after I "finished it up a bit".
I will be seeing them again at the end of this month and I thought I'd make a simple walnut frame and a little natural Danish oil to "finish" it.
I built most of the frame yesterday and decided to join it with pocket screws today. Everything was going swimmingly until I went to attach the last side.
I drilled the damn holes on the wrong side of the frame. In one corner. Bonehead rookie mistake.
All I could do was laugh at myself.
And I don't think I have any more of this thicker walnut stock left.
I can't hide these holes with plugs. That'd look like hammered crap.
Guess it's back to the drawing board for a while.
I'll come up with something.
Ratione et Passionis