This chest has been on my mind and my conscience since January. It started as a prototype to decipher the best size for the chest shown in the Morgan Bible. With a hundred other distractions and influences coming from all the reading and research I've been doing it quickly took off in a weird direction.
I'd read in Victor Chinnery's "Oak Furniture; A British Tradition" how many boxes were lined with printed paper and lining boxes with paper is already a thing for me, so I printed a large sheet of paper with wood cut blocks I made.
Then I had someone make an offer on it. . . provided I could trick it out to hold their modest collection of reproduction medieval daggers and a small removable till.
He was patient as I pegged away on it and put up with my distractions and delays. Recently I got him to bring his daggers to the shop to be properly fitted into slots.
Thus today, after much fence sitting and deliberation. I decided to assemble the damn thing and get it off my bench. I've got other things to build after all. While doing the assembly I decided to shoot some time lapse video of the process and assembled that into a quick video this afternoon.
Ratione et Passionis